[INDOLOGY] Urgent help needed

Madhav Deshpande mmdesh at umich.edu
Thu May 4 14:33:48 UTC 2023

Hi friends,

     Please let me know how to type tilde on ā, ī, ū, ē, and ō. I had made
provision for this in my pre-Unicode Manjushree-CSX font, but it no longer
works. I can use the ABC-Extended font to get the tilde on basic vowels,
but that font is now allowing me to type the tilde on long vowels. I am
sure there is a way to do this. Let me know if you have found a way. Best,

Madhav M. Deshpande
Professor Emeritus, Sanskrit and Linguistics
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Senior Fellow, Oxford Center for Hindu Studies
Adjunct Professor, National Institute of Advanced Studies, Bangalore, India

[Residence: Campbell, California, USA]