[INDOLOGY] Pronounciation of Gayatri mantra in Rg-veda

Harry Spier vasishtha.spier at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 12:49:56 UTC 2023

Dear list members,
I've been asked to find out how vedic priests  pronounce the AdigAyatrI
mantra (Rg-veda 3.62.10).  I've found it on a website online with accent
marks and compared it to the Rg-veda (see attachment).  But I've been told
that some of the svarita accents are dIrgha-svarita (i.e. a two note
pronounciation medium followed by high).

Can someone tell me which svarita accents in the mantra are dIrgha-svarita.

Thanks,
Harry Spier