[INDOLOGY] spoken sanskrit

patrick mccartney psdmccartney at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 04:59:06 UTC 2023

Dear Friends,

I apologise for the gratuitous self-reflection, but I'm wondering about the
following information and if anyone might oblige me with an answer off
list.

I'm currently drafting a monograph application and have been asked by the
publisher if any of my articles on spoken Sanskrit/villages (and to a
lesser extent, my work on yoga) have made their way into any courses. I
have no idea, save beyond some anecdotal recollections of passing comments.
If it is feasible, information on the following points would be
greatly appreciated.

   - the course titles
   - an indication of the numbers in which they are run
   - a selection of the institutions which teach them
   - at what level, for eg:
   vocational/undergraduate/postgraduate/Continuing Professional Development
   - if possible, an idea of student numbers.

Thank you, in advance.

All the best,

Patrick McCartney, PhD
Phoenix Fellow 2023–26, HIroshima University, Japan
ISRF Fellow 2022–23 - Universidade de Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Research Associate - Nanzan University Anthropological Institute, Nagoya,
Japan
Visiting Fellow - South and South-east Asian Studies Department, Australian
National University

Skype / Zoom - psdmccartney
Phone + Whatsapp + Line:  +61410644259
Twitter - @psdmccartney @yogascapesinjap