[INDOLOGY] Classical Kannada at Würzburg in May - online course

Anna Aurelia Esposito anna.esposito at uni-wuerzburg.de
Wed Mar 8 08:26:44 UTC 2023

Dear Colleagues,
we invite applications for our online intensive course on Classical
Kannada from May 8th until 12th 2023, conducted by Prof. B.A. Viveka
Rai at the Chair of Indology, Würzburg University:

This course focusses on Pampa’s Vikramārjunavijaya (“Pampabhārata”),
from which selected verses will be read and studied. Participants are
expected to have a comprehensive knowledge of grammar and the Kannada
script.

Prof. Dr. B.A. Viveka Rai is a retired professor of Kannada Literature
and Folklore at the University of Mangalore. Since 2010, he is a
regular guest professor at the Chair of Indology, University of
Würzburg, teaching modern and classical Kannada, as well as courses on
the culture and literature of Karnataka.

No fees will be charged. Interested persons are requested to enclose a
short letter of motivation (max. half page) until April 23th 2023. For
any questions and for registration please write to Anna Aurelia
Esposito (anna.esposito at uni-wuerzburg.de).

We would be grateful if you could widely circulate this call for applications.

Best regards,
Anna Aurelia Esposito

**********
PD Dr. Anna Aurelia Esposito