[INDOLOGY] new textbook edition: improvements?

Antonia Ruppel rhododaktylos at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 17:25:19 UTC 2023

Dear all,

I know that a number of you have been using my textbook, *The Cambridge
Introduction to Sanskrit*, with your students. Given the book's popularity,
Cambridge University Press have expressed their interest in a new edition.
This means: in addition to inputting the corrections of typos and mistakes
I have been hoping to make (many of them kindly pointed out to me by you or
your students!), I will also be able to make more substantive changes, as
well as additions.

If any of you have suggestions on how to make the book better, ideas for
what to add, subtract, change, I'd be very grateful if you could send me a
brief note. Please feel free to be direct - criticism is very welcome:-)!
(Some thoughts so far: the nāgarī needs to be larger, Chapter 21 is
unclear, the readings at the end of each chapter should come from a larger
variety of sources, an alternative 'long' reading at the end would be good,
the reference grammar in the back could be extended.)

Many thanks, as always,
    Antonia