[INDOLOGY] about Routledge and Open Access fees

Vitus Angermeier vitus.angermeier at univie.ac.at
Sun Jun 4 16:02:38 UTC 2023

I do not know the exact details about their peer review process but I
know that they offer p.r., if the authors of a submitted volume request
it, because I recently reviewed a book for them. They also allow for
open peer review, if both the authors and the reviewers approve of this
mode. In the case of our collected volume we took care of the double
blind peer review process for the individual articles ourselves.
If you have further questions please simply get in touch with them. In
my experience, they are quite ready to help.

Best,
Vitus

Am 04.06.23 um 17:25 schrieb Jan E.M. Houben:
> Indeed interesting. Just curious to know how they "organize peer
> review on request"...
> Best,
> Jan Houben
>
> On Sun, 4 Jun 2023 at 13:08, Vitus Angermeier via INDOLOGY
> <indology at list.indology.info> wrote:
>
>     We had a very good experience publishing our Puṣpikā volume with
>     HASP <https://hasp.ub.uni-heidelberg.de/?lang=en>. They are an
>     open access publisher focusing on Asian studies. They do not
>     charge OA fees, organize peer review on request, and offer printed
>     versions as print on demand for a very moderate fee. More details
>     on their services:
>     https://hasp.ub.uni-heidelberg.de/publishing/for_authors.
>

>     Further fair open access (FOA) options are collected at the FOASAS
>     website, run by Dominik Haas and myself:
>     https://foasas.org/#journals. If you know of any other good OA
>     publishers not yet listed here please get in contact with us.
>

>     Best wishes,
>     Vitus Angermeier
>

>     Am 04.06.23 um 06:50 schrieb McComas Taylor via INDOLOGY:
>>     The Australian National University Press (ANU Press) is a leading
>>     open-access publisher.  They don't charge to publish book per se,
>>     but they do require authors to use one of their approved
>>     copy-editors.  I have followed this path twice - both for
>>     500-page volumes. The total cost for each volume was about US$4000.
>>
>>     Hope this helps
>>
>>     McComas
>>
>>     *//*
>>
>>     *McComas Taylor, *Associate Professor, Reader in Sanskrit
>>     College of Asia and Pacific, Australian National University
>>     Secretary-General, International Assoc. of Sanskrit Studies

>>     *From:* INDOLOGY <indology-bounces at list.indology.info>

<https://foasas.org/>, contact at foasas.org