[INDOLOGY] Unicode: Pabuchi and Ranjana

Jan Kučera jan.kucera at matfyz.cz
Thu Apr 27 19:08:35 UTC 2023

Thank you for the discussion. I want to point out that the proposal for Ranjana/Lantsa that we are seeking feedback on is authored by Anshuman, so he is definitely involved.

Whether script has its own dandas or the ones in Devanagari block is decided on per-script basis. Contributing to the decision is how different the script dandas are from the existing dandas, the user community, the keyboard layouts commonly available in the region etc. We would nowadays expect proposals to justify the way they suggest dandas should be (or not be) encoded. The font file is not concerned with identity and politics, having danda in the Devanagari block is nothing but different numbers.

Thanks,
Jan