[INDOLOGY] Including photographs of original manuscripts with on-line editions

Heike Oberlin heike.oberlin at uni-tuebingen.de
Thu Apr 13 17:53:09 UTC 2023

Dear Harry,

Here is another example, taken from the former Bhāsa project (Tübingen & Würzburg) – probably not the latest programming, but it has worked for years:
https://www.bhasa.indologie.uni-wuerzburg.de/rahmen.html <https://www.bhasa.indologie.uni-wuerzburg.de/rahmen.html>
[For more information refer to my article from 2012: »From Palmleaves to a Multimedia Databank – A Note on the ›Bhāsa-Project‹«. In: Aspects of Manuscript Culture in South India. Ed. by Saraju Rath. Leiden: Brill 2012 (Brill’s Indological Library, 40), p. 139-155 and Plates VI-IX.]

Click on „Cārudatta“; there on the blue numbers in square brackets – this links the text passage to the respective palm leaf manuscript(s): leaf number, recto/verso, line.
Each work is linked to an overall word-index of the plays entered in the database.

More information on programming: Matthias Ahlborn (Matthias.Ahlborn at epost.de).

For the book edition (Esposito, Anna Aurelia: Cārudatta. Ein indisches Schauspiel. Kritische Edition und Übersetzung mit einer Studie des Prakrits der 'Trivandrum-Dramen'. Wiesbaden: Harrassowitz 2004) contact: anna.esposito at uni-wuerzburg.de <mailto:anna.esposito at uni-wuerzburg.de>.

Best,
Heike

Prof. Dr. Heike Oberlin
Dept. of Indology · University of Tuebingen
Nauklerstr. 35 (room 3.07) · 72074 Tuebingen
 · Germany
phone 07071 29-74005 · mobile 0176 20030066 · heike.oberlin at uni-tuebingen.de

https://uni-tuebingen.de/en/9974