[INDOLOGY] Translation of bhagavān / bhagavatī

Harry Spier vasishtha.spier at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 12:40:20 UTC 2022

Its been over 60 years since I attended Calgary Hebrew School but if I
remember correctly . Its not that you are blessing god but that you are
saying he's blessed. I think this is confirmed by this hebrew blessing and
translation  from Chabad online.

*Baruch atah A-donay, Elo-heinu Melech Ha’Olam, asher kideshanu bemitzvotav
vetzivanu al netilat yadayim.*

Blessed are You L-rd our G‑d King of the universe Who has sanctified us
with his commandments and commanded us on the washing of the hands.
Harry Spier