[INDOLOGY] article about the Laguna copper-plate inscription

Arlo Griffiths arlogriffiths at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 9 13:33:47 UTC 2022

Dear colleagues,

A few months ago there was an expression of interest in the topic of traces of Indic culture in the premodern Philippines.

With apologies for advertising an article co-authored by myself, might I draw attention to the following piece that has just appeared in Open Access?

https://philippinestudies.net/ojs/index.php/ps/article/view/5135

The context of analysis is Southeast Asian but there is some explicit discussion of Indological interest here and there, for instance on pp. 198–199. And some readers may be interested in our argument that the document in question reflects exchanges between Java and Luzon which will have been the vectors of transmission of Indic cultural traits, as opposed to direct transmission from India to the Philippines.

Best wishes,

Arlo Griffiths
EFEO Jakarta