[INDOLOGY] Celebrating Raniero Gnoli

Raffaele Torella raffaele.torella at uniroma1.it
Fri Oct 7 18:50:49 UTC 2022

Dear Colleague,
on October 15th, at the splendid Villa Falconieri near Frascati (https://vivariumnovum.net/it/villa-falconieri <https://vivariumnovum.net/it/villa-falconieri>) we’ll celebrate the 90th birthday of Raniero Gnoli, one of the greatest indologists of XX century, whom I have had the privilege of having as my teacher. The celebration should have taken place two years ago, but it was posponed due to the Covid. Raniero, now 92, is in very good shape.

Warmest greetings
Raffaele

Prof. Raffaele Torella
Ordinario di Lingua e Letteratura Sanscrita
Istituto Italiano di Studi Orientali
Sapienza Università di Roma
www.academia.edu/raffaeletorella