[INDOLOGY] Traditions of Yoga: A Webinar Series at UBC, March 23 - April 6, 2022

adheesh sathaye adheesh1 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 23:30:46 UTC 2022

Dear Colleagues,

With apologies for any cross-postings, I would like to distribute the attached announcement for our upcoming Webinar Series at UBC, and hope that some of you might wish to attend via Zoom. To register and receive the zoom link, please visit the links given below. All times are Pacific Daylight Time.

With all best wishes,

Adheesh
——

The Department of Asian Studies at UBC, in collaboration with the Yoga Studies Network (UVic) is pleased to present "Traditions of Yoga 2022: A Webinar Series at UBC"

Where did yoga come from? And what is it doing here? These are questions we investigate in a course at UBC titled “Traditions of Yoga.” As a public extension of this course, we are pleased to invite you to join us on Wednesday afternoons in March and April, as we welcome noted scholars to discuss how and why they study yoga through historical, cultural, and critical lenses.

	• March 23, 4 PDT: Daniela Bevilacqua (SOAS, London), “How Sadhus Understand Hatha Yoga”
	• March 30, 4 PDT: Paul Bramadat (Univ. of Victoria), “Yoga and the Public Square”
	• April 6, 4 PDT: Rumya Putcha (Univ. of Georgia) & Shreena Gandhi (Michigan State Univ.), “Yoga and Settler Colonialism”

All events are free ZOOM webinars and open to the public. The sessions will not be recorded.

For more information on the speakers & topics, and to register & get your link for the ZOOM webinars, please visit: https://blogs.ubc.ca/yogatraditions/

——

—
Adheesh Sathaye