[INDOLOGY] Svayaṃvara

Lubomír Ondračka ondracka at ff.cuni.cz
Mon Jun 27 09:16:29 UTC 2022

For references to svayaṃvara in the dharmaśāstras, see Kane's HDhŚ, vol. II, pt. 1., pp. 523-524 (3rd ed. 1997).
For (a few) Vedic and more other sources (incl. dharmaśāstars), see Hanns-Peter Schmidt, "To Choose or not to Choose: How Many Forms of Svayaṃvara", in Some Wome's Rites and Rights in the Veda, BORI 1987, pp. 76–109.

LO