[INDOLOGY] Journals publishing epigraphs currently

Arlo Griffiths arlogriffiths at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 8 05:15:03 UTC 2022

Dear Patel-ji,

I suppose you are mainly asking about India-based journals. I believe the journal Āvaṇam actively publishes Tamil inscriptions, but I am not so aware of that field of Indian epigraphy. I wanted to draw your attention to the journal Pratna Samiksha: a Journal of Archaeology, published by the Centre for Archaeological Studies & Training, Kolkata. I believe that ever since they started a 'New Series' about twenty years ago, every volume has contained a section 'Epigraphy'. The epigraphs that have been published in this venue are mainly from what is now Eastern India (Bihar, WB, Assam, Orissa) and what is now Bangladesh. The language is almost always Sanskrit.

I hope this is useful for you.

Best wishes,

Arlo Griffiths