[INDOLOGY] 'conscience'

Donald R Davis drdj at austin.utexas.edu
Sun Jul 17 18:35:12 UTC 2022

Dear Ram-Prasad,

I wrote the attached piece entitled “Conscience is Tradition: Classical Hindu Law and the Ethics of Conservatism” for a recent edited volume on rules and ethics. My JAOS article “On Atmatusti as a Source of Dharma” also addresses the idea of conscience. Hope these are useful.

Best, Don

Don Davis
Dept. of Asian Studies
University of Texas at Austin