[INDOLOGY] Earliest epigraphical attestations of Telugu kōyila, kōvela 'temple'

Eric Gurevitch ericmgurevitch at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 15:58:16 UTC 2022

Dear Periannan Chandrasekaran,

As for Kannada, the Kannada Sahitya Parishat’s authoritative and
thorough *Kannada
Nighantu *(2nd ed., vol. 2, p. 2242) contains the following entry (see
attached image) with historical references to the use of this word in this
sense.

Take care,
Eric
[image: Screen Shot 2022-01-08 at 9.56.35 AM.png]