[INDOLOGY] Earliest epigraphical attestations of Telugu kōyila, kōvela 'temple'

Tejas Aralere tsaralere at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 03:16:42 UTC 2022

Hello,
Yes this is still true for Kannada. Usually we use “devasthāna” which is
clearly of Sanskrit origin and “devara guḍi.” For some reason that word
didn’t seem to make it in to Kannada from Tamil. I’m not sure about old
kannada, however, I don’t see anything in the Kittel dictionary. Good luck
with the other questions!
Sincerely,
Tejas Aralere