[INDOLOGY] Contact information for scholars of 11th century Sharia law

Sudalaimuthu Palaniappan palaniappa at aol.com
Wed Aug 31 22:33:29 UTC 2022

Dear Indologists,

There is a person who is mentioned in a Cōḻa Tamil inscription of the early 11th century. His name is Cōṉakaṉ Cāvūr Parañcōti. Cōṉakaṉ means he was probably a Muslim or Arab Muslim. I need to contact a scholar of Sharia law as existed in the 10th/11th century to explore the background of this person. I would appreciate any suggestions of contact information for scholars to contact.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Palaniappan