[INDOLOGY] Sandhi examples in the english language

Lucy May Constantini lucymayconstantini at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 05:58:37 UTC 2022

Welsh definitely has sandhi, and it reflects in the spelling. My Welsh is
rudimentary, but an example would be "Cymru am byth" (the Welsh motto
"Wales forever") and "Croeso i Gymru" (on the road signs as one leaves
England and enters Wales, meaning "Welcome to Wales"). The spelling
Cymru/Gymru (Wales) is dependent on the sandhi.

All best wishes,

Lucy May Constantini
PhD Candidate in Religious Studies
School of Social Sciences and Global Studies
Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
The Open University

AHRC Open-Oxford-Cambridge DTP Funded

OU People: Lucy May Constantini <https://www.open.ac.uk/people/lmc662>