[INDOLOGY] Tattoo design

Elliot Stern emstern1948 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 22:00:05 UTC 2022

Dear Valerie,

I don’t have anything to say at the moment about the yantra, but I expect the son either meant to write tat tvam asi ’you are that' but wrote instead tat tvam āsa ‘you were that’, or he deliberately wrote tat tvam āsa. In this familiar saying tat tvam asi (Chāndogya Upaniṣat 6.8.7), tat means sat or brahman.

Elliot M. Stern
552 South 48th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19143-2029
emstern1948 at gmail.com