[INDOLOGY] Classical Kannada at Würzburg in May - online course

Anna Aurelia Esposito anna.esposito at uni-wuerzburg.de
Fri Apr 1 16:38:37 UTC 2022

Dear Colleagues,
we invite applications for our online intensive course on Classical
Kannada from May 9th until 13th 2022, conducted by Prof. B.A. Viveka
Rai at the Chair of Indology, Würzburg University:

This course focusses on Vachanas. After an introduction into classical
Kannada, selected Vachanas of Veerashaiva poets of the 12th century
will be read and studied. Participants are expected to possess
knowledge of fundamental grammar and the Kannada script before
attending the course.

Prof. Dr. B.A. Viveka Rai is a retired professor of Kannada Literature
and Folklore at the University of Mangalore. Since 2010, he is a
regular guest professor at the Chair of Indology, University of
Würzburg, teaching modern and classical Kannada, as well as courses on
the culture and literature of Karnataka.

The fee is 50 Euro for teaching materials. A reduction for students
and unemployed persons is possible upon request. Interested persons
are requested to enclose a short letter of motivation (max. half page)
until April 25th 2022. For any questions and for registration please
write to Anna Aurelia Esposito (anna.esposito at uni-wuerzburg.de).

We would be grateful if you could widely circulate this call for applications.

Best regards,
Anna Aurelia Esposito

**********
PD Dr. Anna Aurelia Esposito