[INDOLOGY] Illustrations of mekhalā

Nagaraj Paturi nagarajpaturi at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 13:09:27 UTC 2021

This includes pictures of Mekhalas too :

Indian Jewellery Ornaments And Decorative Designs
Brij Bhushan,jamila

https://archive.org/details/in.ernet.dli.2015.128500/page/n9/mode/2up

On Wed, Sep 22, 2021 at 6:26 PM Rolf Heinrich Koch via INDOLOGY <
indology at list.indology.info> wrote:

> Dear Herman,
>

> 1)  Sivaramamurti, Amaravati-sculpters plate 8 (26,28,34),
>

> 2) Visakhā always described wearing a mekhalā. A modern visualization
> (sculpture) of Visakhā including the girdle (Hüftgürtel):
>
> https://ranwella.wordpress.com/ikonografie-der-visakha-plastik/
>

> Best
>
> Heiner
>

> Am 22.09.2021 um 09:20 schrieb Tieken, H.J.H. (Herman) via INDOLOGY:
>
> Dear List members,
>

> I would like to know if there is a book or article with illustrations of
> the mekhalā in ancient Indian art.
>

> With kind regards, Herman
>

> Herman Tieken
> Stationsweg 58
> 2515 BP Den Haag
> The Netherlands
> 00 31 (0)70 2208127
> website: hermantieken.com

Nagaraj Paturi

Hyderabad, Telangana, INDIA.

Director, Indic Academy
BoS, MIT School of Vedic Sciences, Pune, Maharashtra
BoS Kavikulaguru Kalidasa Sanskrit University, Ramtek, Maharashtra
BoS Veda Vijnana Gurukula, Bengaluru.
Member, Advisory Council, Veda Vijnana Shodha Samsthanam, Bengaluru
BoS Rashtram School of Public Leadership
Editor-in-Chief, International Journal of Studies in Public Leadership
Former Senior Professor of Cultural Studies,
Hyderabad, Telangana, INDIA.