[INDOLOGY] Dr. T. N. Dharmadhikari

Witzel, Michael witzel at fas.harvard.edu
Sat Sep 4 13:48:59 UTC 2021

Dear Madhav and colleagues,

I am sorry to hear about TN Dharmadhikari's passing. I met him in April 1974 during a visit to Pune. He was most gracious in allowing me to film his then not yet published dissertation on the Maitrayani Samhita and of many Maitrayani mss that he had collected in Nandurbar (now being used for a new edition by a Japanese colleague). We have been in contact since then. His manifold contributions to our field will be remembered for long.

Best wishes,
Michael