[INDOLOGY] Demise of Prof. Sitanath Acharya!

Dr. Debabrata Chakrabarti dchakra at hotmail.de
Thu Oct 28 06:56:56 UTC 2021

Dear List,
I am very sorry to announce that Prof. Sitanath Acharya (b. 1 December 1939-d. 28 October 2021)  has passed away today at 6.05 A.M. He was an erudite scholar-poet, who retired from Calcutta University in 2004.
He not only kept at the old Indian tradition of Sanskrit learning, but also the western method of Sanskrit teaching keeping an eye to the global evolution of the lore.
His demise has been a great loss to the new wave of inheritance and that I have lost a very generous elder brother who has never left stones unturned to let my questions get appeased with satisfactory answers.
His achievements have been exhaustively described in the following link.
http://sitanathacharya.blogspot.com/
[http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Bmu0jxhP9BQ/SytfSpgjBWI/AAAAAAAAAN8/N7iNGvaJXIM/s400/saberi.jpg]<http://sitanathacharya.blogspot.com/>
Dr. Sitanath Acharya<http://sitanathacharya.blogspot.com/>
Friday, December 18, 2009. Dr. Sitanath Acharya. Posted by
sitanathacharya.blogspot.com

May he attain Sadgati!
Regards
Debabrata Chakrabarti