[INDOLOGY] Map of Madras Presidency

Carmen Spiers carmensylviaspiers at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 06:52:10 UTC 2021

Dear Sir,
the French Institute of Pondicherry (https://www.ifpindia.org) has an
extensive map collection as well as a department dedicated to map-making
and other technological renderings of data. You can contact the head of
this department Julien Andrieu for potential collaboration and pointers:
julien.andrieu at ifpindia.org
The map collection is perhaps under the Library department, for which you
can contact the head Anurupa Naik: anurupa.n at ifpindia.org
I hope this helps.
Best, Carmen (IFP Indology)

Am Mi., 20. Okt. 2021 um 02:06 Uhr schrieb Sudalaimuthu Palaniappan via
INDOLOGY <indology at list.indology.info>:

> Dear Indologists,
>

> I need a digital map of the Madras Presidency ca. 1910 without copyright
> restrictions (or with easy-to-obtain permission to use) for inclusion in a
> paper. I would appreciate any help from the list members.
>

> Also, I am in the processing of mapping the locations of some inscriptions
> in South India. Do you know of any mapping software that could be helpful
> for this purpose?
>

> Thank you in advance.
>

> Regards,
>
> Palaniappan