[INDOLOGY] National Manuscript Mission data to be put in public domain

Witzel, Michael witzel at fas.harvard.edu
Mon Nov 1 22:43:04 UTC 2021

Many thanks for the good news!.

So now there is hope that I may finally see a Banaras Skt. Univ. manuscript that I had applied for nearly 50 years ago:

on my third fruitless visit to their library in April 1974, I applied for a microfilm, paid the fee, (even left them a long raw film and developer)  — but have not yet received my film, in spite of reminders.

Some years ago the then director wrote to me in another matter. I said I could help — provided he would send my my film. Crickets…. No answer.

Luckily some enlightened officials (also elsewhere) take a different approach now.

Cheers!

Michael