[INDOLOGY] Help with a simile

Zoe Slatoff zoepearl1 at gmail.com
Sat May 15 00:03:06 UTC 2021

Dear Jim,

I was just looking at this verse recently when considering different definitions of haṭha and I wonder whether perhaps the verbs are the issue rather than the simile? I’m sure you probably know more about this than I do, but it seems to me that once the kuṇḍalinī is awakened (which I know can take some force) it should actually arise quite easily like a key unlocks a door?

Best wishes,
Zoë