[INDOLOGY] The Buddhist term sutta

Philipp Maas philipp.a.maas at gmail.com
Tue May 11 17:23:15 UTC 2021

On the topic see also:
  Konrad Klaus, "Zu den buddhistischen literarischen Fachbegriffen sutta
und suttanta." In: From Turfan to Ajanta. Festschrift for Dieter
Schlingloff on the Occasion of his Eightieth Birthday. Ed. by Eli Franco
and Monika Zin. 2 vols. Lumbini 2010. Vol.1, p. 519-532, which draws
attention to the fact that the Śrautasūtras and other Brahmanical works are
not at all concerned with reaching a maximum economy of expression.

Best,

Philipp

PD Dr. Philipp A. Maas
Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter (Research Associate)
Institut für Indologie und Zentralasienwissenschaften
Universität Leipzig

https://spp1448.academia.edu/PhilippMaas