[INDOLOGY] is this the same palm leaf as the one used for writing? (Re: Tamil odiolai and mollakkol

Tieken, H.J.H. H.J.H.Tieken at hum.leidenuniv.nl
Sun May 9 07:57:05 UTC 2021

Dear Rajam,

as to oṭi, "snapped", I think you are right. In the picture supplied by Jean-Luc the leaf has been divided into sections. DED sub oṭi mentions, for Malayāl̥am, "division or range of ricefields".

Jean-Luc, as to your question if I am reviewing the publication you mention, I am not. I stick to classical Tamil literature,

With kind regards, Herman

Herman Tieken
Stationsweg 58
2515 BP Den Haag