[INDOLOGY] Tamil odiolai and mollakkol

rajam rajam at earthlink.net
Sun May 9 00:43:47 UTC 2021

Thank you, Dear Professor Srilata Raman.

It’s interesting … மொழம் (mozham or moḻam, however we transcribe it) is the length of measurement from one’s elbow up to the tip of the middle finger. So, the length of this முழம்/மொழம் would vary depending upon the person who’s doing the measurement. For example, my muzham/mozham/moḻam is about 16-inches. Others’ may vary.

So, I’m curious about the measurements used in śilpa śāstra texts. I’ll keep exploring.

Again, thanks Professor Srilata Raman.

Regards,
rajam