[INDOLOGY] The EU-IndiaPeople’s Summit

Piotr Balcerowicz piotrbalcerowicz1 at gmail.com
Sun May 2 15:16:12 UTC 2021

Dear colleagues,

I am pleased to draw your attention to an online symposium *The EU-India
People’s Summit* (May 1-8, 2021).

In order to participate in the symposium, one has tu register

at individual topics (Schedule and Themes) https://euindiasummit.com/

or at https://euindiasummit.com/schedule/

*The EU-India People’s Summit*

*On 8th May 2021, in the midst of the COVID pandemic, India and the
European Union meet virtually to hold their 16th Summit, in which they will
take steps to negotiate a free trade agreement. The diplomatic summit is
closed to civil society and stakeholders whose future the Summit will
influence in the short- and long-term. To understand how these two plural
and multicultural democracies can positively engage with each other, we
host the first ever People’s Summit from 1-8 May 2021.*

*The People’s Summit is a non-partisan, non-bureaucratic festival of ideas.
Through panels, fireside conversations, movie screenings, spoken words and
workshops, we take a closer look at the core areas of collaboration as
documented in the EU-India Strategic Partnership: A Roadmap to 2025
<https://eeas.europa.eu/sites/default/files/eu-india_strategic_partnership_a_roadmap_to_2025_0.pdf>
and the 9th EU-India Human Rights Dialogue
<https://eeas.europa.eu/delegations/india/96472/9th-eu-india-human-rights-dialogue_en>.*

*What results does our Summit produce?*

*• With speakers from the European Parliament, domestic politics, academia,
civil society, and the private sector, we look ahead to shape the vision
for a future that envisages a plural, democratic, secular and rights-based
collaboration between EU and India.*

*• We give first-hand accounts that strongly support the idea that the
future of diplomacy should be embedded in human rights and become
progressively open sourced.*

*• The Summit discussions will form the People’s Blue-Print of the Roadmap
that EU and India relation should take. This will mean stronger commitment
to human rights, religious freedom and minority rights in near and far
future. *

*Our People’s Summit is free of cost and accessible to all.*

With best regards,

Piotr Balcerowicz