[INDOLOGY] Re: locating Saṃgharatna

Péter-Dániel Szántó szantopeterdaniel at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 15:21:46 UTC 2021

Dear Dan,

I find this website very useful when looking up toponyms:
http://india.csis.u-tokyo.ac.jp. That said, I didn't find anything
conclusive.

My hunch (very scholarly, I know...) is that it could be Sylhet through a
progressive corruption of Śrīhaṭṭa (e.g. *Sirihaṭ ṭa, *Sarahaṭṭa, etc.) and
finally Tibetan editors trying to make some sense out of the reading.

Best wishes,
Peter