[INDOLOGY] Re: archeological puzzle

Madhav Deshpande mmdesh at umich.edu
Tue Mar 2 13:51:58 UTC 2021

Dear Matthew,

     I don't know anything about this particular Indus find. However, I
have seen a photograph of the burial of a Sannyasi in this sort of a
sitting position. Here is the report:

https://www.theweek.in/news/india/2019/01/22/Lakhs-bid-tearful-adieu-to-Walking-God-Shivakumara-Swami.html

Madhav

Madhav M. Deshpande
Professor Emeritus, Sanskrit and Linguistics
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Senior Fellow, Oxford Center for Hindu Studies
Adjunct Professor, National Institute of Advanced Studies, Bangalore, India

[Residence: Campbell, California, USA]