[INDOLOGY] Where can you do a BA in Sanskrit?

Nemec, John William (jwn3y) jwn3y at virginia.edu
Fri Jun 25 03:19:27 UTC 2021

Dear Colleagues,

The University of Virginia has a B.A. in Language and Literature (Sanskrit), with heavy Sanskrit requirements but also with a structure that is similar to other US American B.A. degrees.  See:

https://mesalc.as.virginia.edu/language-literature-major

Note also, the fact that the Oxford B.A. requires a paper in classical Indian literature, history, and culture, also a general paper in the preliminary exams, narrows the difference at least somewhat between the British and American B.A. in Sanskrit.

Sincerely,
John