[INDOLOGY] Radha Krishnha

Nagaraj Paturi nagarajpaturi at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 14:30:38 UTC 2021

Miller, Barbara Stoler (1975). "Rādhā: Consort of Kṛṣṇa's Vernal Passion"
<https://www.jstor.org/stable/601022>. *Journal of the American Oriental
Society*. *95* (4): 655–671. doi
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doi_(identifier)>:10.2307/601022
<https://doi.org/10.2307%2F601022>. ISSN
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISSN_(identifier)> 0003-0279
<https://www.worldcat.org/issn/0003-0279>.

gives references from  older texts like Venisamhara, Dhvanyaloka, Lochana
etc.

On Thu, Jun 17, 2021 at 7:05 PM luther obrock via INDOLOGY <
indology at list.indology.info> wrote:

> Dear Harsha,
>
> If I remember correctly, the first named mention of Rādhā is in
> Kṣemendra's 11c. Daśāvatāracarita. I'm sure there is a deeper history to
> that, but I am unaware of anything earlier than that in either the
> architectural/epigraphical or literary record.
>
> Luther
>
> On Thu, Jun 17, 2021 at 8:29 AM Harsha Dehejia via INDOLOGY <
> indology at list.indology.info> wrote:
>
>> Friends:
>>
>> Most of the Radha Krishna temples are in the Mathura area and are from
>> the 16/17th century.
>> Are there any ancient temples of Radha Krishna anywhere else?
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> Harsha
>> Prof. Harsha V. Dehejia

Nagaraj Paturi

Hyderabad, Telangana, INDIA.

Director, Indic Academy
BoS, MIT School of Vedic Sciences, Pune, Maharashtra
BoS Kavikulaguru Kalidasa Sanskrit University, Ramtek, Maharashtra
BoS Veda Vijnana Gurukula, Bengaluru.
Member, Advisory Council, Veda Vijnana Shodha Samsthanam, Bengaluru
BoS Rashtram School of Public Leadership
Editor-in-Chief, International Journal of Studies in Public Leadership
Former Senior Professor of Cultural Studies,
Hyderabad, Telangana, INDIA.