[INDOLOGY] Protest against cutback plans at the University of Halle

Walter Slaje walter.slaje at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 17:32:30 UTC 2021

Dear Jan,

I have not launched this petition and am therefore ignorant about the
details envisaged by the Student Council of the Faculty of Humanities. In
any case, the remaining days are always counted from the current day. Their
petition ends on Friday of this week and will then be formally presented to
the Rectorate, the State Parliament of Saxony-Anhalt, the State Government
of Saxony-Anhalt, and to the Academic Senate of the Martin Luther
University in Halle. The petition will already exercise its effect tomorrow
at the Senate meeting, as by then considerably more than 10,000 supporter
signatures will probably have been submitted, which will not go unnoticed.
As I write, I count 10,432 signatures, a quite unbelievable number. The
rectorate, who apparently thought to act unnoticed below the radar, may
have expected some resistance, but certainly not such a wave approaching
the size of a Tsunami.

Kind regards,

Walter