[INDOLOGY] some thoughts about modality, vyaapti and `eva'

Franco franco at uni-leipzig.de
Thu Jul 1 12:21:51 UTC 2021

Dear Alex,
Thank you, but I’m not sure that this formulation counts as modus tollens. It is usually stated in the form: if a, then b. Not b, therefore not a.
Thus:
If there would have been smoke on the mountain, there would have been fire there. But there is no smoke, therefore ...
Best wishes,
Eli

Sent from my iPad