[INDOLOGY] video Buddhacarita murals Sri Lanka

Rolf Heinrich Koch rolfheiner.koch at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 11:11:14 UTC 2021

Dear listmembers,

for about two or three decades, starting at the end of the 19th century,
it was very popular in Sri Lanka monasteries to visualize buddhist
themes in a style which is reminiscent of theater performances.
I came across a monastery in Colombo where the complete Buddhacarita is
depicted in this painting style and I decided now to make a video with
(german accented) englisch eplanations.
If you are interested, please follow this link and let me know what you
are missing

https://youtu.be/g7ujWzPKxmY

Best

Rolf Heinrich Koch