[INDOLOGY] Fwd: recommended software for diacritical marks in Romanized Sanskrit transliteration?

Piotr Balcerowicz piotrbalcerowicz1 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 22:50:25 UTC 2021

Dear Colleagues,

I have been requested to resend the previous message from which the
attached file was removed. I hope this time the attachment will go through.

If you happen to work with Linux, you may use the keyboard I designed for
Sanskrit and many other South Asian languages to be used with *IBUS* for
Linux (Intelligent Input Bus,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligent_Input_Bus), as a sub-part of the
*m17n* library. The keyboard follows both ISO 15919 and IAST. In fact, as
you will see, it handles almost all possible diacritics (see the file
"keyboard for IBus description.pdf").

The details are in the zipped file: sa-iast-iso.zip

In Linux, you just copy the files the m17n library:

"sa-iast-iso.mim" to usr/share/m17n/ ,

and "sa-iast-iso.png" to usr/share/m17n/icons

run IBus, in IBus preferences → Input method, add "Sanskrit - iast-iso".

It is free to use, but please retain the source / designer name: "© Piotr
Balcerowicz", also when you modify the file.

Best regards,

Piotr Balcerowicz
http://balcerowicz.eu/

Can anyone recommend a web site or program that allows one to easily create
diacritical marks in Romanized Sanskrit transliteration?

Thanks,

Dean