Re: [INDOLOGY] Brahmagupta's Tantraparīkṣā in Brāhmasphuṭasiddhānta

Dean Michael Anderson eastwestcultural at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 6 05:54:07 UTC 2021

 Thanks Agathe and those who replied off-list.
My interest is less in the actual astronomical details as the fact that there was not universal agreement among the ancient scholars. In this particular case, it pertains to various claims about the beginning of Kali Yuga, although that just happened to catch my interest as one among many such similar questions.

As we have seen with the reaction against the existence of multiple versions of the Ramayana, there is a tendency in some quarters to ignore the diversity of opinions even within Hinduism, which I think is one of the things that makes India so fascinating.
Best,
Dean