[INDOLOGY] Re: Request pdf, film Vājapeya 1955, Poona

Witzel, Michael witzel at fas.harvard.edu
Sat Feb 13 19:37:37 UTC 2021

To all Vajapeyins:

I have an electronic copy of the Poona performance, made a few years ago from a VCR cassette tape.
But it is around 650 MB, so I would have to send it to interested colleagues via WETRANSFER, so that you can download it.

I also have a photocopy of the Vajapeya booklet, but it is in my (closed) office and it would  have to be scanned.
Perhaps someone already has a scanned copy …

So please let me know. After a day or two I will send the film to interested parties.

There also is a film of a Pravargya, done at Delhi, maybe a decade later. I think Jan Houben has it (as do I).

Finally there are multiple snippets of the Pravargya as part of the 2011 Agnicayana held at Panjal, Kerala. Some are in Youtube, if you look for Atiratra  (Athiraathra) [NB not the Indian cinema movie!).

Best wishes,

Michael