[INDOLOGY] Iranian question

Arash Zeini arash.zeini at gmail.com
Sat Dec 25 17:26:44 UTC 2021

Hello Dean,

What's reference for the text you quote, or is that what you are asking?

As you know the sources for Zarathustra's birth stories are the Middle
Persian accounts, and among those Book 7 of the Dēnkard stands out. The
birth story is complex and Ohrmazd and his helpers put many elements in
motion so that Zarathustra can be conceived. One of these, is sexual
intercourse between the parents, something the the daemons try to
discourage.

Best,
Arash