[INDOLOGY] date of death of Narendanath Law

DIEGO LOUKOTA SANCLEMENTE diegoloukota at ucla.edu
Wed Aug 25 19:17:06 UTC 2021

  Dear Jonathan,

  I tried my Google-fu with a couple of internet searches in English
and in Bengali,
without success. I did find, though, this Google Books snippet, which makes
certain that he was dead by 1992:
  [image: image.png]
  Unfortunately Google Books does not grant further access, but if it may
be helpful I can check the copy in the library once I manage to get there
(still largely off-campus *chez nous*).
  If the annual memorial lecture in his name (still being held?) was
instituted the year after his death, that may have taken place in 1991, at
the remarkable but still possible age of 103. *Indo-Iranica* is the
publication of the Iran Society in Kolkata, which is apparently still
active.
  Perhaps then (1889-*ante* 1992)?

  *namaskaromi*,

  Diego