[INDOLOGY] ligature in grantha script

Heike Oberlin heike.oberlin at uni-tuebingen.de
Thu Apr 8 11:13:29 UTC 2021

Dear François Patte,

Looks like early Malayalam. Is the manuscript rom Kerala?
The modern writing of rya in Malayalam is  ര്യ

Best wishes,
Heike Oberlin

-------------------
Prof. Dr. Heike Oberlin
Head of the Department of Indology
Eberhard Karls University of Tuebingen
Keplerstr. 2 (room 139)  · 72074 Tuebingen · Germany

Phone +49 7071 29-74005 · Mobile +49 176 20030066
heike.oberlin at uni-tuebingen.de
https://uni-tuebingen.de/en/9974

***
Latest publications:
· Heike Oberlin & David Shulman (ed.). 2019. Two Masterpieces of Kūṭiyāṭṭam: Mantrāṅkam and Aṅgulīyāṅkam. New Delhi: Oxford University Press.
· Heike Oberlin & Frank Köhler (ed.). 2020. Die 1000 Namen Vishnus. Viṣṇusahasranāma. Sanskrit-Handschriften aus der Sammlung Heide und Wolfgang Voelter. Tübingen: Museum der Universität Tübingen MUT.
***