[INDOLOGY] Kannada font

John Peterson jpeterson at isfas.uni-kiel.de
Tue Sep 22 14:17:33 UTC 2020

I myself use this whenever I type in Devanagari or Bengali. It is really
very simple to use, and I just checked - Kannada is also there ("Select
a language" in the middle). It is really very simply to use and there is
no downloading anything. Just type, copy, and paste.

https://www.lexilogos.com/keyboard/devanagari.htm

Best,
John

Am 22.09.2020 16:13, schrieb Robert Zydenbos via INDOLOGY:

> For my students I made a few help pages on how to type Kannada on
> Linux, Mac and and Windows machines:
>
> http://lmu.zydenbos.net/kannada/kannada-osx.html
> http://lmu.zydenbos.net/kannada/kannada-windows.html
> http://lmu.zydenbos.net/kannada/linux/kannada-linux.html
>
> I use the font Kedage for my Kannada work. A number of fonts can be
> found here: http://kannada.nd4.org/kannada-fonts
>
> (Sorry for this very late response. I was out of station for a few
> weeks when the original query was sent to the list, and I saw it just
> now, while cleaning up my computer.)
>
> Robert Zydenbos
>
> On 14.03.20 13:40, Harry Spier via INDOLOGY wrote:
>
>> Thank you to everyone who replied on and off line.  The font is for a
>> colleague who will be entering small amounts of text (bhajans) and
>> will be having some helpers typing in from home.  So are there on-line
>> or dpwnloadable tools for typing in Kannada text  (keyboards or online
>> sites for text conversion etc.)
>> Thanks,
>> Harry Spier

John Peterson