Re: [INDOLOGY] Sad News: Dr. Kapila Vatsyayan 1925–2020

Dominik Wujastyk wujastyk at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 18:02:47 UTC 2020

I join in mourning the loss of Kapila Vatsyayan.  She invited me to work at
the IGNCA for a month as a consultant, back in '94 I think it was.  I very
much enjoyed interacting with her.  She was a strong and clever person who
did not suffer fools gladly, but she was also kind and had a mischievous
sense of humour.   She did truly great things for the discovery and
dissemination of Indian history and culture across many fields, and she was
a formidable leader and builder of institutions.  I am truly sorry she is
no longer with us.

Dominik
--
Professor Dominik Wujastyk
<https://apps.ualberta.ca/directory/person/wujastyk>

Singhmar Chair in Classical Indian Society and Polity
,

Department of History and Classics <http://historyandclassics.ualberta.ca/>
,
University of Alberta, Canada