[INDOLOGY] Sad News: Dr. Kapila Vatsyayan 1925–2020

Robert Goldman rpg at berkeley.edu
Wed Sep 16 14:52:00 UTC 2020

Dear Colleagues,

We note with great sadness the passing of our friend and colleague Dr. Kapila Vatsyayan with whom nay of us have worked over the years. She was a mainstay in the cultural, artistic, literary world of traditional Indian Studies and a great institution builder through her  longstanding association with the IIC and her service as the founder of the IGNCA. She will be sorely missed.

Dr. R. P.  Goldman
Catherine and William L. Magistretti Distinguished Professor in South and Southeast Asian Studies
Department of South and Southeast Asian Studies MC # 2540
The University of California at Berkeley
Berkeley, CA 94720-2540
Tel: 510-642-4089
Fax: 510-642-2409