[INDOLOGY] Antw: Re: Question

Raik Strunz raik.strunz at indologie.uni-halle.de
Wed Sep 16 09:47:57 UTC 2020

Dear all,

the Digital Corpus of Sanskrit has two groups for pratibhū, one
masculine, the other feminine. Further reading the entries for the
(uncompounded) feminine forms, it becomes evident, that these seem to be
mixed up. Obvious cases include e.g. Manu VII.17: caturṇām
āśramāṇāṃ ca dharmasya pratibhūḥ smr̥taḥ |

Neither the DCS nor GRETIL nor Wikisrotas give attestations for the
f.dat.sg. pratibh(u)vai (or sandhicized pratibh(u)vā+).

Best,

Raik

–––––––––––

Raik Strunz, M.A.

Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter
Email: raik.strunz at indologie.uni-halle.de
Tel.: +49 345 / 55 23655

Seminar für Südasienkunde und Indologie
 — Indologie —
Orientalisches Institut
Martin-Luther-Universität Halle-Wittenberg

Emil-Abderhalden-Straße 9
D-06108 Halle (Saale)

www.indologie.uni-halle.de

–––––––––––

सर॑स्वत्यै॒  स्वाहा॑  ॥

>>> victor davella via INDOLOGY <indology at list.indology.info> 16.09.20
10.47 Uhr >>>
Hello,
you may also want to have a look at the Dhātupāṭha commentaries on bhū
sattāyām. pratibhū is brought up there as well: p. 6 of Kṣīrataraṅgiṇī
(ed. Liebich) and p. 74 of Mādhavīyadhātuvṛtti (Mysore edition, 1984);
they also do not seem to allow for the alternative forms.

All the Best,
Victor

On Wed, Sep 16, 2020 at 2:47 AM Madhav Deshpande via INDOLOGY