[INDOLOGY] locative of goal

Andrew Ollett andrew.ollett at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 19:37:41 UTC 2020

For what it's worth, the construction is possibly more common in Middle
Indic (see Sukumar Sen's comments in his Historical Syntax, s. 94). I
recall seeing it fairly often, although the only examples that I can pull
up now are piyayama-mūlammi gacchantī (Taraṅgalōlā) and gaō accāsaṇṇēsu
pāavatalēsu (Līlāvaī).

[image: image.png]