[INDOLOGY] first recorded use of cannabis as medicine in India?

Dean Michael Anderson eastwestcultural at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 11 18:57:11 UTC 2020

Thanks for the quick reply -- and to Dominik for writing one of the papers. :-)
Best,
Dean

  Meulenbeld, G. Jan. 1989. “The Search for Clues to the Chronology of Sanskrit Medical Texts, as Illustrated by the History of Bhaṅgā (Cannabis Sativa Linn.).” Studien Zur Indologie Und Iranistik. 15: 59–70.
  Wujastyk, Dominik. 2002. “Cannabis in Traditional Indian Herbal Medicine.” In Ayurveda at the Crossroads of Care and Cure: Proceedings of the Indo-European Seminar on Ayurveda Held at Arrábida, Portugal, in November 2001, edited by A. Salema, 45– 73. Lisbon: Universidade Nova de Lisboa.